Neighborhood Councils are the planned outcome which resulted from listening to neighbors define the strengths and needs of their neighborhood. TakeCare organized the responses and engaged the neighbors in prioritizing the needs and designing neighborhood councils to address these needs.
The three founding councils and the needs they address are:
- Neighborhood Council: Environment
- Attend to abandoned homes and overgrown lots
- Form a team to assist seniors with property upkeep
- Neighborhood Council: Peace and Security
- Reduce crime and increase safety
- Neighborhood Council: Opportunities for all with a focus on caregivers and children 0 to 7 years.
- A major component of this council is Tommy’s Place, a Child and Family Development Center with a planned opening in August 2015